There’s no guaranteed way to know if a person truly loves you, but there are more than a few ways to read the signs to figure out what is on the mind of your loved one. If you’d like to know if the person you love indubitably loves you, then you have to pay attention to how the person acts, what they say, and what they do when you’re together. Though love may mean something different to every person, there are many ways to tell if a person truly loves you instead of just having a crush on you, liking you a lot, wanting your money, or just being momentarily infatuated with you. If you want to know if that person truly loves you, just follow these steps.
1. Notice What The Person Says: See if the person talks about your future
together like it’s a given.
2. See if the person gives you meaningful compliments. There’s a difference between saying, “I like your new haircut” and “You have the ability to
make me feel better no matter what.”
3. See if the person says “I love you” and means it. Remember that there’s a big difference between “Love ya!” and “I love you.” If your special someone really loves you and tells you this much while looking into your eyes, sounding earnest, and not wanting anything from you, then it’s likely that he really means it.
4. See if the person really opens up to you. If your loved one really loves you, then they’ll really open up to you and tell you what they are thinking, feeling, fearing, and longing for. If the person really opens up about their childhood, greatest regrets, most painful moments, or most romantic dreams for the future, then it’s likely that they like you because the person is so comfortable telling you anything. If the person tells you, “I’ve never told anyone this before…” then there’s a good chance that he really loves and trusts you.
5. See if your loved one tells you how much she misses you when you’re apart.
6. See if the person is comfortable with pointing out your mistakes. If that person truly loves you, then he doesn’t have an idealized picture of you in his mind. If it’s truly love, then that person will be comfortable with telling you when you’ve made a mistake, said something illogical, or acted badly. Though the person shouldn’t criticize you all the time, giving you a healthy amount of criticism just means that the person really knows you in and out and accepts your mistakes as well as your best qualities.
7. See if the person truly values your opinion. If the person truly loves you, then he’ll care about what you think — whether it’s about his new pair of shoes or the political situation in your country. If he really loves you, he’ll ask for your advice and opinions, whether it’s on matters big or small. He may feel self-conscious about asking for your opinion, but he’ll do it because he loves you