Planning for the future is an important step to ensure your future happiness and success. It is about taking responsibility for yourself and your actions. The future is now!
Secure your future financially.
- Speak to an expert about investments and shares.
- Open a savings account and decide on savings goals (e.g. I will save £10 a week for two years). It’s always wise to have savings for rainy day.
- Buy life insurance.
- Sort out your present financial circumstances.
- Get into good budgeting habits now in order to avoid debt problems in the future. Learn to live within your means.
Secure your future professionally.
- Have your CV written or checked by a professional.
- Write yourself detailed and achievable career goals for yourself in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years.
- Talk to someone one rung further up the career ladder and take their advice on board. They may be willing to mentor you.
- Polish up your interview skills. Get as much experience as possible by asking colleagues to replicate interview situations for you
Secure your future personally.
- Invest time in hobbies you enjoy.
- Set yourself personal SMART goals (refer to tips section) to constantly improve.
- Take time out to reflect on your life and re-evaluate.
Tips: SMART goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timed.